Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Beating the Marriage Odds - Book Review!

The statistics are staggering. One out of every two marriages today will fail. What is the cause of such staggering statistics? What, if anything, can be done to keep couples together? This book offers concrete principles for building and sustaining a sound marriage. It outlines the most common causes of marriage failure and offers sound principles to avoid or correct such problems. Those who are considering marriage as well as those who have been married for years will benefit from real life examples and principles that they can apply to their own marriages. Beating the Marriage Odds also provides a valuable resource for pastors, small group leaders and counselors.

Thrifty Nifty Daddy and I have been married almost 6 years now, the best 6 years of my life. I like to think that we have a pretty good marriage, but I've always believed in always trying to make my marriage better. I think it's something you  need to invest time and energy into every day, which is why I requested the book, "Beating the Marriage Odds" by William R. Campbell to review.

Although this book was written with the intent to help couples who are engaged and planning a marriage, I still found things that I have been able to apply to our marriage now. There were many things that made me think and I truly believe that reading this book will improve my marriage. I especially appreciated the chapter on Fighting Fair and Mind Games. 

I also appreciated that Mr. Campbell used not only real world examples to make his points, but he also included Biblical scripture to back up what he was saying. If you are married and would like to improve your marriage or if you are engaged and planning to marry soon, I would definitely recommend this book! I give it two thumbs up! 

You can get a brand new copy of this book for as low as $2.49 on Amazon.com!

To read more reviews like this one, go to: Tell Us The Truth Reviews. I was not paid for this review. Thanks to the company for the complimentary review book.

No comments:

Post a Comment