Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"...all her life she’s been living the “motions” of a Christian but not truly relying on Him "


Love’s Tangled Web,  a Novel by Keren Franklin
Review by Erica K





"...all her life she’s been living the “motions” of a Christian but not truly relying on Him. "

Bridgette was living the life we all dream of. She’s a leader of her Bible study, her husband is an elder at their church, he has also been promoted as a partner to the law firm, they have two beautiful kids and all the fancy things we’d love to have. She never imagined her husband would cheat on her. But when he does her whole world is turned upside down. She blames God, her family and her husband. She becomes bitter and angry. It’s affecting her life and her children’s life. She soon discovers she needs to be turning to God. That all her life she’s been living the “motions” of a Christian but not truly relying on Him or being pleasing to Him. Once she starts to read her Bible and changes her focus from herself to God she starts to see things change in her life.
I really loved this book. I read it in one day, I just couldn’t put it down. I saw a lot of myself in Bridgette and with all the Scripture and prayers written in this book I felt like I was doing a mini Bible study for myself. I see many things that need to change in my life and more I need to be doing to be a better child of God. I’ve turned my back on Him like Bridgette did. I feel like He has abandoned me, like she did too. I know I have a lot of work to do in the next coming days-months-years to help improve my life and attitude towards everything. I’m glad to have read this book. Without it I think I would personally be lost/bitter. Plus the story is really well written to keep you wanting to read and not put it down. One thing I really loved was that the book didn’t end with “and they all lived happily ever after.” It ended with things looking better but not perfect, it reflects the reality of life which made the book more enjoyable.

Synopsis-
“A picture-perfect marriage. A little harmless flirting. Two sisters, with lifelong resentments. The ultimate betrayal. In the aftermath, a younger man offers his heart, but can Bridgette build a new life and a stronger love

No comments:

Post a Comment