Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"...relevant scriptures, prayers, age-old quotes, and discussion questions for family interaction."

Lord, Bless My Child  -   Bill and Nancie Carmichael

Review By Cara

My children are some of the greatest blessings in my life, and I know that it is a great responsibility to take care of them, love them, and teach them to the best of my ability. That is why when I saw the book, "Lord, Bless My Child - A Keepsake Prayer Journal to Pray for the Character of God in My Child" by William & Nancie Carmicheal, I jumped at the chance to review it!


This book is even better than I had hoped it would be! It is a wonderful guide for parents in praying for the character of God to be developed in the lives of their children. This book offers 52 prayer concepts that fall in line with God’s plan for each child. I have been doing one concept a week, and it has been such a blessing in our lives already! Each week (each concept), you look at relevant scriptures, prayers, age-old quotes, and discussion questions for family interaction. For instance, the first concept was compassion. Not only did I have the chance to teach my son this invaluable concept, I myself grew in my understanding of compassion and tried to practice being more compassionate in my own daily life. After all, the best way to teach your child is through your own modeling.

Another part of this book that I appreciate is that in each chapter, there is also a place to journal your prayers—and later, how God has answered them. Then, if you choose to, you can give this journal to your child as a gift so they can read the prayer journal entries, and see how God answered your prayers for them over the years. I think this is such a wonderful idea, and I have enjoyed it immensely! Someday, this will be an invaluable gift to share with my kids!

The next concept we are going through is contentment, and I know our whole family can benefit from this lesson and all the concepts in this fabulous book! Thank you, Carmichaels for such a thoughtful and useful book.
 
You can find this book at tons of online retailers, and I highly recommend you start reading it as part of your daily schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment