Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Cut In Half" Book Review

Are you feeling a little let down now that all the fun festivities of Christmas are over? I know sometimes I feel that way, living in the midwest...hearing the snow blowing outside, not seeing the sun shine for days, breathing in frigid air every time I step outside. Winter is not my favorite season, but at least we have Christmas to bring some joy into the dreariness. Sadly, when Christmas is over, lots of us lose that feeling of love, joy, merriment, and feeling blessed.I have a wonderful book to share with you today that I can guarantee you will snap you out of feeling sorry for yourself, forgetting how blessed you are, and give you renewed hope and joy! The book, "Cut In Half," is the unforgettable true story of Ana le Roux, an average thirty something mother. But three weeks after giving birth to her second child tragedy struck--the unimaginable--a violent head on collision. The force of impact thrust her forward with such intensity that it literally cut her in half! Ana le Roux would tell you she was set to die that day but instead, God blessed her with miracle after miracle to heal her body. In her awe inspiring testament of God’s love, Ana proves that miracles are not just an archaic phenomenon found in scripture; they really do happen every day in a variety of ways.

This book immediately caught my attention because, in the story, Ana is in a very similar situation to me - we are both mothers of two, about the same age, both of our second children were born in December, and we both felt confident in our faith. I could relate to her as she started out her story.

As she retold her story about her terrible car accident and injuries, I found myself constantly counting my blessings, thanking God for each one, and realizing that my own faith is quite weak, because I don't know if I could have faced this kind of tragedy as well as she did. It is shocking what this amazing woman went through, and it will inspire you!

I love how she divided each chapter into three sections:

1. The retelling of her story

2. "Food for Thought" designed to help you reflect on the preceding story

3. "Soul Searching" to help make readers part of the experience by giving us a chance to reflect on our own lives and see all the wonderful things God has done for us.

I really appreciated each section of each chapter. It made the story even more meaningful for me, and I know it will do the same for you. I hope you all take time to read this book. It only took me three days to finish this gripping story, so take a little time and be awed and inspired by "Cut in Half." You can find and purchase it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment