Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ahhh, how nice it's been to get back to reading! I was so excited to receive this book for review and share it with all of you! It's been a somewhat stressful and hectic start to the new year for us here with the hubby gone on Military Duty this past month (and for those of you with deployed husbands, I'm not complaining at all, I've been there, this was nothing lol!). All is finally getting back to normal here in this half military household and I've finally had some time to sit down and enjoy myself with this awesome book!


Book Details:
The Key to the Kingdon
Jeff Dixon
ISBN:978-1-935265-24-5
Deep River Books
2010
List Price $15.99

About the Book:
The book starts by throwing you right in to the middle of the mystery. In a mysterious meeting with his long time friend Hawk, a florida preacher, is given a key and a few clues that lead him into a week long adventure through Walt Disney World. During his journey the preacher uncovers and shares little known Disney trivia and secrets that will keep any disney fan yearning for more (I myself am now planning my next trip!). Along with some trusted friends, a few enemies along the way, and Mickey Mouse, Hawk travels through the parks focusing on details and searching for answers. The author of this book compares it to the Davinci Code and I would say that is a pretty accurate portrayal with all the clues and enemies he encounters.

What I thought:
I am a huge Disney fan, and have been to both Disneyland and Disney World many times. I found myself right back in the park along with Hawk as he searched for clues. I was intrigued by all of the well researched trivia in the book. I have been on the backlot tour in Disney a few times and have learned a ton more from reading this book. I have to say that at first, I wasn't sure I would like this and thought maybe I would be disappointed. But once I got a few chapters in, I was hooked! I'm sure it was not the intention of the author for this to be scary, but there were some parts of this book that kept me leaving the light on at night while my husband was gone. It was a good ending, although I had hoped for a certain character to re-appear in some twist. I'll leave the character's name out as to not spoil your reading.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is a big Disney fan. If I'd seen this in a store, I know I would have snagged this right up off the shelves. I am one of those who do in a way judge a book by it's cover (of course I always read the back first and then decide) and this cover pretty much had me sold right from the start.

If you've read this book, I would love to hear your comments! If you have not yet read this book, I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. Now, off to plan my next vacation : )

Where to buy this book:















No comments:

Post a Comment