Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Place of Belonging Book Review

I don't know about you, but we are gearing up for more snow here in Michigan. It would be a perfect time to snuggle up and read a new, good book. I have a good one to share with you today - The Place of Belonging.
This book is written by Jayne Pearson Faulkner, and I think she did a wonderful job.
A warm and endearing, yet heart-wrenching memoir, The Place of Belonging, is about a child of a single mother in Big Sky Montana that is beautifully and simply told. It is an unforgettable step back in time, a fresh understanding of loss and belonging. Reading like prose, this elegantly written and emotionally satisfying story is told from the eyes of a child of the 1940’s.

I thought this book was a nice escape back into a time when life was more about the basics - getting food on the dinner table, hard work, and family.  Since it is told through the eyes of a young girl, it had some really humorous moments and some enduring moments.  When you see the world through a child's eyes, ordinary things you may normally take for granted become really special.

The author did a great job of describing things so that you could actually see them happening as you were reading.  This book also has a way of inviting you into the characters' lives and story.  I found myself hurting when they hurt and rejoicing when they rejoiced.

I also appreciated that this book was a shorter read. Sometimes when you get a book that has 479 pages in it, you give up before it is over or even before you start.The Place of Belonging was only 190 pages, and it is small and lightweight, so when I wanted to snuggle in bed with it, I could hold it easily. I know it may sound silly, but I appreciated it.

I hope you enjoy this book as I did. You can find it here or on Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble.
Thank you to Bring It On! Communications for this book for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment