Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Friday, June 3, 2011

This Story surprised a very Skeptical Reader!

Review done by CarlyBird

Today's Wild Card author is:


and the book:

Deep River (February 1, 2011)
***Special thanks to Arielle Roper of Bring it On! Communications for sending me a review copy.***

My review of Maximal Reserve:

I need to preface this review by stating that this is not my kind of book.  To be honest, I’m not really sure why I decided to review it.  I guess it just sounded different to me and sometimes I feel adventurous in reading taste.  Having said all that, this book was really good.  Seriously, a very good book.  It started very fast and held my attention so well, I read it very quickly.  This is one of those novels that is so well written, it almost seemed too real.  I don’t think this book would have been nearly as interesting if it weren’t for the recent oil spill and mess with the oil companies.  That really enhanced my interested in this story.

Overall, Maximal Reserve is a high intensity, fast paced story that surprised a very skeptical reader.  Sam Batterman is a very intelligent and exciting writer and I really enjoyed this book.  I’m glad I decided to read it and highly recommend it to suspense fans.  It would even appeal to folks who like political thrillers.  It’s just a good and entertaining book!

No comments:

Post a Comment