Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Friday, January 28, 2011

by
Jayne Pearson Faulkner
ISBN: 9781935265450
paperback, 190 Pages
Carmichael Publishing

My Review:

This book is a story told from the eyes of a child of a single mother (taken from back of book) set in the 1940s in Big Sky Montana.  I can relate to the child as I grew up without a father as mine died when I was eight so my mama raised me by herself.  I also fit right in with the child as not having the things that other children have, but I grew up in South Carolina.

I loved the way Jayne Pearson Faulkner described her childhood and her mother and grandmother as they lived each day with joy in their hearts and what they had and not what they didn't have.  They enjoyed life and loved each other and I could relate with everything they did.  I fit right in with them and relived my childhood days alone as the story unfolds.  Jayne makes you see the Big Sky Montana as if you are really there, she paints a great picture of the country and the family.

The Author:

This is the first book I have read of Jayne Pearson Faulkner's and I really loved it.  Jayne lives in Oregon with her family and is a graduate of Central Bible College, a former editor and writer for Gospel Publishing House.  She has been a missionary for many years to the Philippines as well as the South Pacific.  I hope to get to read more of her work.

This book was sent to me by Bring It On Publishing for my review.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review. It sounds like a good read. I will have to check it out.

    "Followed You, Liked You, We Wanna Win!"

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete