Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010


The Next Great Move of God - Book Review


This author Dr. LaSalle Vaughn has written The Next Great Move of God-Christians Returning To Their Hebraic Roots. This book asks the question, "Have you ever considered the Jewishness of Jesus?" Most Christians are well versed on the topic of salvation but never leave the foot of the cross. As a result, they are likely to live defeated lives and experience many years of struggle and frustration. The purpose of this book is to equip people to look at the Bible through Hebrew eyes, helping to understand the need to be obedient to the entire Bible in a daily walk.

"God is shaking the Church into a level of reality. One key for the Church in days ahead will be to understand the concept of "One New Man." Devour the pages ahead and watch your heart come alive to the Word and will of God in a new way."
- Dr. Chuck D. Pierce, President Global Spheres Inc., President Glory of Zion International, Harvest Watchman, Global Harvest Ministries

My thoughts:
I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything about the Bible. Heck, I don't think I could tell you a I know a lot about the Bible. There's a lot in there and I think every time I pick it up I learn something new.

I never thought about the difference in religions too much growing up. I was Protestant, someone down the road was Baptist, my cousin's mom was Catholic. Religion was everywhere and all I knew is there was one God whom we all loved.

It wasn't until I was older, probably late teens, that I thought to myself if Jesus was Jewish - why is is called Christianity and how can so many people hate Jews?

You want to know a secret? At 31, I still don't get it. The hating Jewish part. I'm beginning to see the pieces coming together regarding Jewish/Hebraic/Christianity.

I'm learning and growing in my faith and I read a lot of books (as you can tell from my multiple reviews). This book was something that interested me because I have some friends who are very much followers of the Torah.

What is the Torah you ask?

Yea, I asked that too.

The Torah is the primary document of Judaism. Torah, which means "teaching", is God's revealed instructions to the Jewish People. It teaches Jews how to act, think and even feel about life and death. - via About.com

This is something that is touched upon in this book. All of the Jewish roots to the Christian faith. There is so much information in this book it may be a little confusing at first. I would recommend keeping it and your Bible handy and if you want, take notes. We're not going to get every piece of the Bible the first time we read it. And I don't think we are suppose to.

You can read an excerpt from the book athttp://www.thenextgreatmoveofgod.com/ and can either purchase the book there or at Amazon.com for approximately $10.70. I say approximate because I've seen it for as low as $9.63 and as much as $12. :)



*Disclaimer: This is a Mama Buzz review. The product was provided by: Dr. LaSalle Vaughn for this review. The opinion is my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment