Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

key to the kingdom disney bookI love Disney World. So, when I heard that there was a book out about Disney World, I was anxious to read it. I’m not all the way through “The Key to the Kingdom” yet, but I’ve read enough to know I’ll enjoy it.
The book is about a pastor, Hawkes, who is given a key by a friend. The friend then mysteriously disappears, but not before telling Hawkes that he needs to use the key to begin unlocking various clues to a mystery. These clues are all located in the various Disney parks, so along the way you learn Disney trivia as you follow Hawkes on some pretty scary adventures.
I love that this book is very family friendly. The dialogue has no profanity. It would be fine to read after dinner out loud to your family. I also loved the various Disney World references. Having visited in 2008, I could relate to the descriptions of Main Street, Expedition Everest, and more. It was kind of like a cheap return visit for me :)
To improve “Key to the Kingdom,”  I’d pare it down a bit as I found it a little over-written. I think the author could have cut it from 260 pages to about 180 and not really lost anything.
Do you like Disney World? Excitement? A good mystery? Pick up “The Key to the Kingdom;” I don’t think you’ll regret it.
Thanks to Mama Buzz for a review copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment