Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sand to Pearls by Heidi McLaughlin Review!

On The Back
Do you wish that you had a blueprint for a rich, fulfilling life? Many of us mistakenly think that if we were prettier, smarter, had less obligations or a fulfilling romantic relationship we would, at last, be joyful and content.
Chasing after false illusions of success can propel us to make unwise and detrimental choices. Often we remain stuck in our uncertain reality because we don’t know how to move forward. Blinded by our insecurity, we forget that God has the potential and power to intervene and guide us toward wiser, fulfilling choices for our future.
International speaker and author of Beauty Unleashed, Heidi McLaughlin shares from her personal discoveries about how God can turn resentment into freedom, regrets into rejoicing, and shame into radiance. If God can take a tine, insignificant grain of sand and turn it into a unique, gorgeous pearl, then He can certainly turn our insecurities, fears and worst decisions into a magnificent new beginning!

My Thoughts On Sand To Pearls
By Heidi McLaughlin

At times it is easy to get wrapped up in worldly issues. Trying to keep up with the ‘Jones’ is hard but often times what people strive for. Sand to Pearls teaches us that it is more important to stay on the right track. The track that God wants us to be one. If we follow the example set for us by Jesus and keep our thoughts and actions pure than we can have a happy and joyous life. A life that God meant for us to have! There was a lot in this book that I needed to hear again. I was able to sit and ponder some of the aspects of my life and think on how to change some of the things I do! For example I try to be the perfect ‘Homemaker.’ I mean sewing my kids clothes, making sure there is never anything out of place in my home, always greeting my children with a smile on my face, having dinner on the table when my husband walks in the door from work, etc….at times this can be overwhelming and I need to sit and think is this the path God wants from me? So what if the dishes don’t get done today? Maybe then I will be able to sit and play a little more with the kids! Sometimes in the blogging world it is also easy to get caught up in a world that only focuses around the computer. I know that recently I have been on it more than I should. Trying to find good deals around the net and getting all of my reviews and giveaways scheduled way ahead of time. But I know that I even need a break from all of that at times.

Sand to Pearls will make you think about lots of different aspects of your life. It will help you to reevaluate and see what really should be done with your life. If you think that sometimes you get caught up in the World more than you do with God than this book is for you!

Buy It!
You may visit HEREto make a purchase!

I did receive a product for the purpose of this review thanks to MamaBuzz and Bring it on Communications, However my opinion was used in this review and was not influenced in any way! All thoughts are my own and may vary from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment