Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Review: The Keys to the Kingdom

This is my second review involving a product with the words "key" and "kingdom".  The first review was for the computer game Keys of the Kingdom.  The second is the new book by Jeff Dixon called The Key To The Kingdom.  Just to clarify, similar in name but very different.

Plot:  Grayson Hawkes is sent on an elaborate scavenger hunt through Walt Disney World to discover the "Key to the Kingdom."  Along the way, he learns the ends and outs of the Magic Kingdom.

Momma C's Thoughts:  To start, I am not a huge Walt Disney fan.  I haven't ever been to Walt Disney World and probably won't ever have the money to go even if it was on my bucket list.  With that said, a lot of stuff in this book flew over my head because I couldn't relate.  I believe that it would have made a lot more sense to me had I understood the buildings and attractions at the park.  

The concept of a scavenger hunt was fun and I enjoyed the first few clues but because I didn't have a base knowledge to help solve it, the mystery was removed from me.  The ending caught me off guard and left me very puzzled.  

While I can appreciate the writing and the amazing amount of creativity that went into this book, I would have to reserve it for die-heart Walt Disney fans.   Otherwise, I believe the rest would lack true appreciation.
 Momma C's Rating:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment