Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Midnight Rising: Warning Signs for This GenerationMidnight Rising: Warning Signs for This Generation by
William Anderson Simpson
ISBN: 978-1-935-265-30-6Publisher: Deep River BooksPublishing Date: September 1st, 2010Price: $14.99

Summary (from back cover): America is the nation that has consistently been the broker for Middle East peace. Midnight Rising makes the case for an American antichrist. The entire geo-political stage is alignted for the events that follow the rapture, and the push is on to resolve one issue that holds back the dark days of the tribulation – the signing of a Middle East peace agreement.
Simpson points out that whichever president is in power when the light of his reason proves to be darkness (cp. Mt. 6:22-23), he will be known for certain by the brokering of a comprehensive Middle East peace treaty between Israel and “many.” It could be this president … but it could just as easily be the next, or one of many down the line.
In these pages, you will find a biblical argument in favor of the Evangelicals’ urgent call for teaching and preaching concerning the things about to burst forth onto the world stage.
My Thoughts: I have been interested in end-times prophecy for a very long time, even going so far as to take a course on it when I was in high school. When the opportunity came for me to review this book, I couldn’t pass it up. I actually have found myself wondering if the antichrist was coming from America – if there was even a chance of that. When I realized that’s what this book was about, I was quite excited.
Simpson makes a compelling case for America being the country from which the antichrist arises. He matches up prophecy from Revelations with many other prophecies throughout the Bible – Daniel and Ezekiel, to name two. He pieces it together, showing us just how close the stage is to being ready for the Rapture, then the Tribulation. So many things have fallen into place. So many things are ready. And, as Simpson says, with the huge focus on peace in the Middle East, how can we not see just how close we are to the end of the Church Age?
My only complaint is that I felt like the book was quite repetitive. I think it’s because the scriptures are taken separately and discussed on their own. As Simpson explains each chunk of scripture, it reinforces the others that he explains, and inevitably that leads to repetition. I’m not sure how that could be fixed, as I think the analysis of the pertinent scriptures separately helps with clarity. The repetition brings home the point that this is indeed something mentioned all over the Bible.
Overall, this is something I’m glad I’ve read. This book is not only compelling, but quite thought-provoking. I found myself talking about it with my husband last night, and I’m planning to share this book with friends who are interested in it. It’s very interesting reading, and quite the eye-opener for Christians everywhere. Jesus is coming, and how wonderful would it be if WE are the generation that escapes physical death? How cool would that be? And if not us, maybe our children!
Favorite Quotes: I don’t always do this, but there is one quote that I just have to share.
The saints of the early Church suffered persecution from the beginning, and we continue to do so today. The persecution we endure today is mostly different in character in this respect: theirs was terror and physical suffering, whereas today Satan is attacking the Church in more subtle ways, distracting and diverting us from the most important times in the history of the world.
Man worries about global warming but has no fear of those things the Bible says will happen. ~ page 72
My thoughts almost exactly on the whole “global warming” issue. While I agree that we should take care of the planet God gave us, I believe in the inevitability of events revealed through prophecy that has been shared via the Bible. While, yes, the environment is important, all the recycling, carbon-footprint reduction, etc. isn’t going to change what is to come. And it isn’t going to save the already-doomed earth. Now, though, I better understand my frustration with the extensive focus on global warming and whatnot. This book really helped me better understand my own thoughts on things! :-)
My Rating: 3.5 stars
Source: Received from Bring It On! Communications in exchange for an honest review.
Read It: You can get your own copy of Midnight Rising HERE(This is an Amazon link, and purchase through this link will result in my receiving a small commission. Your support is appreciated!)

No comments:

Post a Comment