Christian Book Reviews hosteb by Bring It On! communications

April 9, 2013—Hello bloggers, reviewers, and book lovers!

We know-this site is looking a little rusty. We had to set aside our book reviews for several months in 2012, but we are back and hoping that you will join us!

In the weeks to come, many new reviews will be rolling in and when they do, we will be posting them to our new site which is nearly ready to launch. You can visit us at www.TellUsTheTruthReviews.com

So....out with the old.....in with the new! Thank you for being a fan of books! We love what you have to say!

Friday, March 11, 2011

The Place of Belonging Book Review

I received The Place of Belonging from Bring it on Communications in order to review it. It is written by Jayne Pearson Faulkner and published by Carmichael Publishing in 2010. Click here to be taken to their website, if you'd like to know more about them. After reading my review, if you would like to buy the book for yourself or to give to someone you know would enjoy reading it, the ISBN 10: 1-935265-45-8 or ISBN 13: 978-1-935265-45-0. You can buy it at amazon.com for $10 - $11.

The Place of Belonging is a memoir written from the perspective of a child growing up in Montana in the 1940's. At the beginning of the story, Janie lives with her mother and grandmother. Her mother meets a man, and they eventually get married and move to his farm. The rest of the story is about everything Janie feels as she goes through living with her grandma and visiting her mom on the weekends, to moving with her mom and new dad to the farm, to gaining a whole new family as her mom has more children.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It's a great insight into life in the 40's and the life of a child going through so many huge changes in her life. The author did an excellent job in capturing exactly what a child would think, feel, and see as she experienced these changes. As I read this book, I could picture everything that was going on in the story, and I couldn't wait to read it every night. I really liked that at the end, it shows a picture of the author with her family, so we can see who we read about. My 12 year old daughter loves to read, so I'm going to save this book for her to read for herself in a few years.

If you've ever read this book before, please let me know what you think about it. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it! I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment